September 23, 2010

First day of school, first day of school!

I can't believe the day has come, the day where I would be sending my child off to school. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was getting into all sorts of trouble with my best friends from high school. (Especially you Jess!)
Mason was so excited for school. We have been talking about it for months! He wasn't sad when he said goodbye to me his first day of class, he wasn't shy when talking to his teachers, and he made new friends instantly. His two best friends are a little African-American girl named Kendall and a little African-American boy named Kendrick.
I think there are around 12 kids in his class, and out of those 12 there are 3 white boys. I LOVE it! Being from Utah I feel like we don't get much diversity. I think it is so good for him to learn about diversity and other people's beliefs. I have been really impressed with his school so far. Who knew getting your kids into just the right school would be so hard?!
This isn't the best picture. But he had to have a Transformers backpack just like his uncle Josh!

Can you tell he is really excited?

Cutest 4 year old EVER!

Following Miss Lisa to class.

Getting his name tag.

He was the first one to explore the classroom.

Making new friends.

7 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

Oh he looks so cute! I can't get over that he is already four years old! I'm so glad he loves school and wasn't nervous to leave you! He not only is adorable but he is seriously handsome as well!

Anonymous said...

He's so grown up! Mason didn't cry, but did you?

The Brady Fam said...

Mary, I thought I would end up crying but I didn't. I think if he would have cried, I would have too!

Stevenson Stories said...

Whoa!! He looks so big. School...you have a kid in school...crazy! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months!

Jessica said...

Oh my, so cute!!! Haha. I look at the kids now, and I'm like, we weren't even trouble! I'm afraid of the trouble our kids will get into! I need to see your face! It sounds like you are going to visit soon????

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Mason is so cute! I'm sure he's a model student in class:)

Whitehead Family Fun said...

I'm glad he likes school. Joshua finally started like going and even the bus has been great. I'm so glad Ann Arbor has awesome programs. How are things going, I'm sure you are loving living so much closer to James school.